About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

bye-bye poop smears!

As K and I stared into our sun room last weekend, I decided it was time to paint.  The previous owner enjoyed "decorative paint"  To me this looks like poop smears.




 I can't believe it took me 8 months to paint this, but we really haven't used this room.  It's mostly been a dumping ground.  It was enclosed about 20 or more years ago and never insulated properly

But we are going to be moving in some more furniture in a few weeks, and this room will become our office space.  So I'm a little more motivated now.

We also had some window people out last week, because the windows in this room are unbelievably cold, it's aluminum frame with single pained glass.  And they don't close all the way either.

The long wall opposite from the windows backs to the garage.  And since this was originally an outside porch, there was no reason to insulate the wall.  So we have to tear off the drywall in the garage and put in to insulation and re drywall.  I'm hope the will happen next month when some nephews are one spring break.



The walls are just primed, so it's kind of patchy and streaky.  The concrete floors have been stained and look awful.  K wants to have them re stained, which is fine, as long as it looks nicer. 



We are also going to take down the beams on the ceiling, and put up some floor to ceiling shears as soon as we have new windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment