About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Left Over Paint

The previous owners left behind almost 30 gallons of paint.  Some of the colors I have already painted over, and some aren't even in the house anymore.  So I thought, while the weather is nice this week, I would try to tackle it.  I did a quick google search and found that by mixing kitty litter in, it helps to dry out the paint.  And it's working.  It takes a little work and some serious stirring muscles, but it'll get there.







It's only for latex paint though.  I accidentally tried it with oil paint, and it's not drying out.  I'll have to google that to see what I need to do.  I've also been scraping the dried bit off of the top each day to help speed it along.  I should be done by the end of the week.  The google search said to line a box with a trash bag and as the bottom layer dries to add another one, so if I do this with several more cans, I might do that.


This is one of the paint cans left that isn't being used anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment