About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekend Shopping

I went to an estate sale last weekend and came home with a few purchases I was very pleased with.  It was a house that was built in the 50's and I think the family bought everything new when they moved in and then never bought another single thing.

First up, a mama and baby pitcher.  I only have one other ceramic pitcher, and I love these.

I particularly love the spouts, the shape helps keep the ice from coming out.  Don't you hate it when you get a glass full of ice instead of water?

Next up is a a table lamp, I'm planning to put it on our desk, whenever we finally move it into the house.

I think those three legs are so cute.  I don't think I've ever seen a lamp like this before.

This copper pot was hand made and really heavy.  I thought it was awesome and couldn't wait to fill it with ice and wine for my next party.




In the mean time, I think it will live in the fireplace, cause it's heavy and big and I don't really have any where else to put it.  I also got it on bid.  I didn't really want to pay full price and on the second day, everything goes to half price.  So I put in a bid that was a little over half and the people putting on the estate sale tally up all the bids at the end of shopping day number 1.

I did the same on the chairs, I did a bid instead of paying full price.  It's a little risky, cause anyone can come in and buy them at full price, but I was willing to take the chance.


They are Russel Wright and they are in perfect condition. And most importantly, they are comfortable.  I have some Russel Wright dishes that were my grandmothers so I'm excited to use them together.  There are only three of them, but oh well, I'll use them a ton anyway.  And they fold, so I can hang them in the garage when they are not in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment