About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New and Old

I was getting ready to post some pics of our house and the projects I have been working on, but I thought I might share pics of our old tiny house/apartment.

We were very fortunate to have a contract on our house within a week of listing and to have made a decent profit.  We loved our first home, it's were the first addition to our family, our dog violet came home. Were we lived when we got married, and the home where we welcomed our baby.  It was a very unique funky place and we love loved it.  We were here until E was 1 1/2.  It was a little too long, but it worked out cause we found the perfect house to move to.

That's right, this house was all one room.  Imagine, where this dining table is...there is a drape hanging and a crib and glider in the corner.  That table has two sides that fold down, so it is very compact.  It fit right up against the outside of the drape.  This was the only pic I could find.  E was a couple of weeks old here.  You can also see that the dining table doubled as our changing table.  Not sure how sanitary it is to eat on top of a changing table...oh well. 



Yup, our bed was up this steep stair case in the peak of the roof.  It was cozy up there, but I am so thankful for a real bedroom now.
Obviously I jumped on the chocolate brown band wagon.  I painted this in 2006/07, and it was so hot then.  I love that green still, but not sure if it will be making an appearance in our new house.  You can see in a couple of the photos were there are paneled doors and slab doors.  I made that choice.  Oops.  In my defense I was 7 1/2 months pregs and the handyman thought it was best.  I couldn't make a decision to save my life at the end of my pregnancy.  Oh well, you live, you learn.

This was an old house, built in 1898? or abouts.  It was divided up into 4 units.  Ours was the smallest and in the peak of the roof.  It had a bunch of funky windows and slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment