About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

Every year it is nice to set intentions.  Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't.  I don't do one every year, four years ago I decided not to slouch anymore.  Here I am four years later slouching as I write this. 

I have many things I would like to start accomplishing on a daily weekly and monthly basis...doesn't everyone.  But the new years seems like such a wonderful time to start.

So here are my intentions for the year and I'll just have to wait and see how it works.

In this month's Sunset there was an article about a family in N. CA that throw almost ZERO trash away.  I know that we are a far cry from that, but it made me hyper aware of our disposable lifestyle.  Case in point, I bought a whole bunch of disposable cleaning supplies the other day, when I already had reusable stuff at home!  I bought the disposable because we were just moving back in after refinishing our floors and had to clean every surface in the house.  I thought the disposable would work better...nope.  They worked worse.  Stupid stupid.  and of course I got the Sam's size, so I'm gonna have them forever. 

And of course there were boxes inside these boxes.  The only thing I really do use a lot is the magic eraser.  I cleans awesome and I don't have to use any chemicals.  But it's not for every surface, so be careful.  And the swiffer dusters

So that is my big thing to focus on in the next few weeks...months.  Try to buy reusable, minimally packaged items that I really need.  Cause I don't want o clutter up my house. 

The cleaning supplies I usually use and love are.
Dust mop with a microfiber head
Steam mop...doesn't need any chemicals, only water!!! and it disinfects with only water
Method toilet cleanser
Clorox Green cleaner
J RWhatkins counter cleaner
Method laundry soap, it is super concentrated and in a pump that lasts forever. 
Bon Ami
Windex, shot spot and shout or about the only thing I don't use that isn't "GREEN"

No comments:

Post a Comment