About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mommy and design blog junkie, trying to turn our new, older house, into a home. And documenting it along the way. And showing other fun stuff as well.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Our new, older place.

Another new years intention is to post more....not to hard to accomplish if I manage to post just twice a week.

I've been working on my house quite a bit over the last 7 months that we have been here.  Here are the before pics on the two hall bedrooms.


 This was the baby's room for the previous owner.  I hate it.  The color combo isn't that bad, but it is overwhelming and someone else's design.  There were even wall words...the worst.  I took them down before I could even get a photo.  Over the built in it said "Heir to the Throne"  and on the other side of the room, over the crib it said "The Prince Sleeps here"...barf.  And yes that is a  paper crown sconce with glued on glass beads.  Every time I close the door to this room another one falls off.  It's a pain in my ass, and yes it's still on the wall 6 months in. This bedroom is our current "spare room"  Eventually, it will probs be a baby room, but for now all it has is a twin mattress on the floor where my mom sleeps when she comes.  It has been painted, I did it in the first two months we were in.  I'll post pics soon.   

That's right, that is a shield with the little boys name on it.  It's Radley if you can't see it.   


This is my son's room.  It had Ralph Lauren suede paint on just one wall.  It wasn't really our style or the look I'm going for in his room.  Forgot to take a pic before I started priming the brown, oh well you set the point.  Also, take a peak of the ebony stained wood floor.  Ebony is the darkest you can go.  Not that bad, but we just moved back in after sanding a staining it again.  It's totally different.  I'm all done painting this as well.  Pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment